26 November 2012

That Little Horse Named C25K

I've been on steroids for my asthma for 2 months now, and I am feeling back to normal in the breathing department.  So, of course, I had to go and see if I could make my lungs hate me again.

I really missed the feeling of accomplishment I got the last time I tried Couch to 5K (I had even gotten up to Week 4).  I had stopped because I had hurt my back, and when I tried to get back to it, my breathing started being an issue.

Today was more of a Week 0.5 Day 1, then a Week 1 Day 1.  The app I'm using (Run 5K from Felt Tip) has Week 1 as 5 min warmup, *run 45 sec, walk 90 sec, run 45 sec, walk 60 sec* repeat 5 times.  I managed to get 2 of the 5 sets done before breathing hurt.  I walked the rest of the time for a total of 30 mins.

I need to figure out a good way to track the intervals on Fitocracy.

Today's Stats

Exercise: Treadmill, C25K, Week 0.5, Day 1
Time: 30 mins
Distance: 1.61 miles
Avg Heartrate: 168

No comments:

Post a Comment