25 January 2012

Day 11 of 75

Today's stats
Exercise: Treadmill walking
Time: 45 mins
Distance: 2.25 miles
Calories: 359
Heart rate: 144 (avg)/159 (max)

I slowed it back down to 3.0 mph today because there are a lot of little things that hurt.  However, they don't hurt so bad that I couldn't get my workout in, so I wasn't off the hook.  In fact, the movement makes them feel better for a little while.  I went down to the fitness room having given myself permission to only do 30 mins if the pain didn't ease with walking.  But as I warmed up, the aches faded, so 45 mins it was.

This was important for me because I have such a bad habit of pushing too hard whenever I try to start a fitness regime.  I then end up hurt or sick and it all falls to pieces.  Since I'm in this for the long haul, getting hurt or sick would be stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment