16 January 2012

Day 2 of 75

Today I walked on the treadmill in the fitness room of my apartment complex.  I had hoped to do a whole hour, but was willing to accept that, not really having done any structured exercise in the last 4 months, starting slower might not be a bad idea.  I managed 30 mins at 3.0 mph for a total of 1.5 miles.

Afterwards, I made sure to do my stretches, most specifically my hamstrings.  My left hamstring and calf are so tight that stretching them almost makes me cry.

A high point for today was we BART'd up to San Francisco to meet my parents for lunch at The Wayfare Tavern.  The food was so good.  We ordered several appetizers to split (steak tartar, roasted pears, deviled eggs, and roasted beets).  For my entree I got the fried chicken because it's the reason I've wanted to go to this restaurant since it opened.  It was so good, but I couldn't finish it after all the appetizers.  Their popovers are the most wonderful things!  I had a special occasion drink while we were there because they had an egg white cocktail on their menu, and I've never had one before and have always thought they sounded interesting.  I picked the Leidesdorff, which was Bourbon, Royal Combier, Benedictine, Orange Muscat, Cinnamon Tincture, Lemon, and Egg Whites.  It was really nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment